The Olympia Country and Golf Club was founded in 1917, the original site of the course was in Lacey, where Panorama City now stands. The Budd Land Company was formed in 1938 by the sale of stock to the existing membership. The land company purchased the property and buildings and serviced the indebtness of the club, in turn the company leased the property and the buildings to the Club through a long term lease.

In 1923, about 100 acres was purchased on Butler Cove for the current location of the club. The Clubhouse construction was completed in 1925 and the golf course, then only nine holes, opened the following year. The golf course expanded to eighteen holes in 1958, the clubhouse was remodeled at that time and a swimming pool was added to the grounds.

Dr. Angela Bowen, a longtime member of the club, purchased the land and property from Budd Land Company in May of 2012. Dr. Bowen also purchased the club's personal property and operation in July of 2012. Through Dr. Bowen's several LLC's, the Club is now a sole equity private club. From 2012 to the present day, the Club has radically changed aesthetics. From a state of the art pro shop building to a restored Legacy Building, Dr. Bowen has ushered OC&GC into the future and placed the club in a favorable positon for growth.